Monday, July 11, 2016

Hard days....

My heart is nearly breaking tonight as my sweet friend lies in ICU on life-support. 
She is no stranger to trials, heartache and pain. Yet her strength and dedicated determination to do what is right, and live according to Heavenly Father's will, are the hallmark of her earthly sojourn. She is a powerhouse, blazing a trail of righteousness in the face of all odds.
My heart yearns for her return, but my soul knows God's will is all that matters, just as she would want it to be.
Often times I look at my wonderful husband, fabulous children, and dear sweet friends, and I wonder if today was my last day with them...what would they remember of me in the tomorrows that inevitably come after loss. It's times like this when I want to call into question my personal actions and behaviors. 
Am I being all that Heavenly Father wants me to be? 
Am I doing all the little things in life's daily living that really matter? 
Am I filling my soul with the weightier things of the Gospel? 
In essence , every day am I doing my best? 
                                          Not perfection but progression. 
                                                                  Only Satan lies about the need for perfection.
Heavenly Father knows my heart and my intentions. And after is all said and done, He will be my judge, just as He is my greatest cheerleader now. So I will press forward, having a perfect brightness of hope, and trust in His guiding Hand, and bear a song away...or at least I would if the tears weren't falling quite so fast....instead I hope for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment