Thursday, August 2, 2018

#36yearslovingLover

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....ok so maybe just 36 years ago in Orem...


Lover & I became a new family. He asked...I said  "yes" and our new chapter began. 

With my hand firmly in his we have trudged our happy road of destiny, here in mortality.

Holding each other close we have gone through the shadowy valley's of heartache, often feeling tattered and torn we have emerged, and climbed up to the next mountain top. 

Pausing at the peaks, we have been blessed with beautiful vistas, our ability to see farther enhanced by the struggles we have survived.

Together we have always remained firm in our commitment that for us divorce is not an option. Though at times tempted to take, what seemed the easier path, we have remained totally committed to each other, our faith in Jesus Christ and His ability to heal our hearts, and our ability- through His Atonement, to keep moving forward together.

We have loved, laughed and sometimes lost, weeping and in pain, but this wild ride we call life, has been pretty amazing! 

Lover has been my rock, my playmate, the arms to hold me as I weep, he has brought smiles to my face, especially when I didn't feel like smiling. He has been my support when I felt weak, my cheerleader when I hesitated, my example when I stumble, he is the lift in my wings when I have the chance to soar, my soft place to land when I crumble, my number one fan of each achievement.

I have so loved having Lover in my every breath of this life. His dedication to the covenant path, his willingness to worthily bear and use the Priesthood of God, his selfless kindness and continuous thoughtfulness often take my breath away. I have wondered how I was ever capable to find and marry the perfect man for me. I only can thank my Heavenly Father for orchestrating this incredible blessing I call marriage.

And so on this our 36th anniversary, my heart soars at the thought of having him at my side for Eternity! 

I pause today to thank you, Lover, from every part of my soul I rejoice in who you are to me, and say Happy Anniversary to you my love! Thank you for the last 36, and I eagerly anticipate another 36 and more through the end of time.

I love you...you complete me!




No comments:

Post a Comment