Sunday, March 31, 2019

Car keys and Priesthood keys.

These last two days I have been able to sleep-in until the sunshine has poured into my bedroom as it crests the majestic mountains and fills our valley with light and warmth. And because it was Saturday and now Sunday I could just relax, enjoy it and thank Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for the blessing of it in my life. Saturday, Sunday, sleep-in, sunshine for Sharon. The God's are good!

With both our sweet grand-daughters here for a girls sleepover (much to Tayden's dismay) we had a fun-filled Friday evening and Saturday morning. However somewhere in all that fun I lost my car keys. I never lose my car keys. At first I wasn't overly concerned, we have a spare, and teaching the girls no-bake cookies that their parents loved as children, picking newly bloomed daffodils and the first trampoline jump of the year consumed my attention. After the girls left and the hours wore on my frustration at not finding them mounted. And then Clark reminded me I had the Stake building's fob on my key-chain, and my concern raised to another level. I had been praying for hours, I even resorted to telling Heavenly Father I knew that He knew where they were, and I was really ready for him to divulge their secret location to me. Silence. Silence. I swear Heavenly Silence is the absolute worst! 
After digging through two bags of garbage moving every object in my office and asking each granddaughter...and then their Mothers I was feeling defeated. I returned to my office and silently stood in the middle of the room, just using my eyes to continue the search this time.
And then in the silence , I heard it. Sobbing, sobbing from Bryce's room. We knew he was detoxing again from Meth.

I hesitated for only a second, and raced downstairs. I didn't even knock, just went inside and leaned down and held him. He was lying in his bed crying his heart out. I just held him, and then he said, "Mom it is sooo hard!" My Mother's Heart resonated with the defeat he was feeling, while not to the level he was feeling but I too had just identified with that same feeling....defeat. Suddenly I felt the Spirit of the Lord moving over us both and filling my mouth with His words. I instantly knew this was one of the moments He had been preparing me for, where His promise that if I did what He asked of me -focusing on Him, not Bryce- that I would be an instrument in His Hands-when the time was right.

It's interesting how earthly time seems to slow and expand in a heartbeat when the Lord is revealing His Plan and performing His Miracles. I quietly responded "That's because you are trying to do this alone, you can't. You need help. Maybe we should take you to the Hospital."
With tears still streaming down his face he shook his head, "I don't want to go to the hospital." Then I heard myself say, "Then we're going to do it my way. Let's go upstairs and have a shake and a priesthood blessing." Apparently he also heard the Power of the Lord in my voice as I did for he immediately threw off his blanket and stood up. I felt like I had just witnessed a miracle, and since Christ's miracles during His mortal ministry have been what I have been studying, I recalled how often Christ raised the lame to walk, and the dead to life...I was honestly stunned. I led him upstairs and asked Clark to call our friend and go-to -guy Gary to assist in an oil blessing. Clark was stunned in to inactivity for a moment as he also realized the magnitude of what was happening. Bryce has refused Priesthood blessings for the last 7 weeks. 

Gary arrived quickly and brought his and his family's love and concern as he stepped in to our home and embraced us. Clark gave a beautiful blessing. Bryce went downstairs still crying immediately after. Gary stumbled into a chair and said, "Oh my, what a miracle, the rush of Power that went through me to him...I could feel it. That was such a powerful blessing."  We continued to talk and share with him some of our own personal miracles, as we have watched this incredible son of ours fight his demons.

After he left I realized I had wasted so many hours looking for my dumb keys, I needed to meet with the Lord over the 5th Sunday class Clark and I are teaching today. Quietly I sat down and finished my preparations. Finally it was time for bed. I was surprised to see Bryce come walking upstairs with a smile on his face. He said "I feel sooo much better!" I responded, "Yeah for Priesthood blessings." He said "Yes."

As I prepared for bed I noticed Clark's jeans in our room and almost without a thought reached for his pockets and looking down there lay my car keys in my hand. I stood there stunned, I had stepped over those very jeans three times in my search for my keys. Then I finally remembered he had gone to pick up Brigan Friday night while I finished dinner preparations.

As I lay in the sunshine this morning I began to reflect on the events of yesterday.
If I had not lost my keys, I would not have been standing quietly in that very moment in my office which was the only room where I could hear Bryce sobbing. If not for my lost keys, we would have missed the miracles, in the Lord's timing, that followed. I am still in awe of the sequence of events. I am in awe of the Lord's plan for Bryce. This particular miracle I can now see was at least 7 weeks in the making...from my perspective now.

And so today I came downstairs and Bryce was sitting on the couch and greeted me with a somewhat sleepy two-dimple smile. Oh how I love this child.

Amidst the raging storms of our lives the Lord reveals His Perfect Plan for each of us and continues to lighten our load with joy and miracles. Car keys....Priesthood keys...I am thankful for both and the pure knowledge that each of us matter to Him. He does have a beautiful, perfect plan for each of us. Let the sun shine on I know the Son of God lives and loves me.
As I also know He loves each of us...perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment