Monday, May 28, 2018

Charlotte...where's her web?



Yesterday I had a little "ah-ha" moment...the kind that sneak up so unexpectedly...seemingly so random to the surrounding discussion... I am not even convinced it was actually verbalized, maybe it was just the Holy Ghost teaching me. Remarkable in and of itself.

I was reminded when the children of Israel were wandering in the wilderness...and the Lord began to feed them every day with Manna from Heaven...and after awhile, some thought they could collect two days worth of food? They learned the hard way that God said what He meant, and meant what He said. He blessed them as they were obedient. The saved Manna was inedible the following day!

I get the lesson of obedience...exact and immediate obedience even. 
Pres Nelson said," Obedience brings success...exact obedience brings miracles." 
However this time the spirit gently nudged me to my own application of this historical experience.

The Lord gave His children a 24-hour commandment. Manna for one day, a 24-hour window, similarly He gave Bryce a 24-hour window. 
Suddenly the reality dawned upon me, He had done this before! 
He understands the frailties of mankind! 
So in His infinite wisdom He knew 24-hours was what we could handle to assist Bryce in his recovery. Then the Lord's prayer came to mind..."Give us this day our daily bread..." 

Quietly the Holy Ghost confirmed to my heart that this 24-hour day plan was indeed what the Lord wanted for Bryce. Even though I had been told before, and then confirmed again, this moment... it was still the right thing to do. Warmth filled my heart, as I knew we would continue to see His miracles and Tender Mercies.

I heard a song lyric recently that seemed to fit very well.

"I need all the cracks in my shattered heart
'Cause that's where His love gets in."

Indeed, my heart is slowly healing, as I continually try to let His love in. And when His love comes in, it is a beautiful thing!

While working on my never-ending weeds out side in the early hours of each day last week, I came upon several spiders, whose safety I seemed to be a constant threat to. Most merely scurried out of my way. However, twice I saw a Mamma Spider desperately trying to flee...with her egg sac. It stopped me cold as I watched her risk her life to save her babies. 

I sat motionless each time, even though I loathe spiders-who wouldn't after being raised in Australia where some of the deadliest spiders of the world reside there also? It would have been easy enough to kill both Mamma and her babies...who would no doubt grow up to be my enemies too! But something stronger stayed my hand in those moments. Suddenly I felt almost a respect for a Mamma doing whatever was necessary to save her offspring. I felt a strange kinship even, with those spiders, as I reflected on my recent Mamma Bear experience with Bryce. I saw the parallels clearly, and so I then waited patiently until they moved to an undisturbed patch of weeds. 

As I waited, my perspective expanded, and I thought of Heavenly Father, who I am sure, often has to wait for me to get to a safe place before He can teach me more. Just like my epiphany yesterday...He patiently waited to teach me and remind me of His plan in my life, and that of His plan for Bryce also! I know without any doubt that He has an individualized plan for each of His children. What comfort that alone brings me, as I struggle to do what is right, and all He asks of me.

I had an opportunity also last week to retrieve some of my frozen baked goods as I accepted the call to minister for Him. Both experiences touched my heart deeply. And as I drove home afterwards...I realized I had been able to minister without draining my reserves. My heart was filled up instead! I marveled at this Tender Mercy, I am feeling so very blessed. 

So while we continue to live one day at a time, with Bryce, I see His hand in our lives and am grateful for each Tender Mercy. Bryce is learning more about himself, and his choices as he continues to succeed living each 24-hours. He is doing really well and it is so awe inspiring to watch The lord manifest His plan for Bryce- to Bryce. 










No comments:

Post a Comment