Friday, May 11, 2018

The power of prayer

I am listening to the rain...I love listening to the rain. When I was a child we had a tin roof on our 60-year old house in Adelaide...and so rain on a tin roof, especially, brings back many fond memories! 
I think somehow it makes me feel a closer connection to my Heavenly Father...like the rain came straight down from Him. It soothed my aching little-girl heart, through years of abuse, and it has the power to soothe my heart now.

I am not convinced I am even able to adequately express these next thoughts...but my heart is completely filled with gratitude for all those who are joining us as we pray for Bryce. Our collective prayers were answered again, when none of us even knew it was happening. 
These sacred prayers saved him again, last night.

Over the last two days he had been pulling away from us again, emotionally distancing himself, and we knew it. We attempted to engage him, but it was not to be. He told me tonight, he was feeling pretty low last evening about eight pm, and decided to go for a drive. Satan's forces were out in force. Eventually Bryce thought...this path I am on is going to end in either a relapse or death tonight. I held my breath while my heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest. He continued, so I drove up on the mountain, and began to pray. He sobbed as he told me..."Mom that's all the prayers everyone is saying for me, that's the prayers being answered." I was speechless. Tears flooded my eyes. I thought tenderly and gratefully of all who had been offering these life-saving prayers. Satan and his minions may have dared to believe success was theirs last night...but yet again... 
"Fear not, for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." 2 Kings 6:16.
Bryce's royal army, lead by Bronson, were prepared to do battle for, and with, Bryce again. Bryce was not alone, and the prayers on his behalf were the summons those on the other side of the veil heard and responded to. Strengthening Bryce, and answering each of our prayers, again.

I told him I had gone downstairs after he was in bed last night, and paused outside his room. We had worried when he began to withdraw again, and then I noticed one of his medication bottles wasn't where I thought it should be. Of course my knee-jerk reaction when I put the pieces together in my head, was a dangerous conclusion. However I didn't feel impressed to open his door. Trusting him to God- I turned and walked away. This morning I was thrilled to see him....as I am every morning now! And then around lunchtime I sent him a text, and told him I missed him being in the house during the day. Whenever he's in a good place in his life I love being around him. 

He responded and told me he'd figured out he'd been missing his AA Big Book readings...and that when his trainer was late to work this morning he read! He knew it was a critical part in his recovery, and it filled a space in him that he hadn't realized was empty. He came home chatty and happy again, oh how his smile and laugh fill us with joy!

I keep playing our conversation over and over in my head. I am still brought to my knees in gratitude for the many prayers and loving support we have been the recipients of. 
I wish there were words to express my heart-felt humility at the combined power of prayer. 

Thank you for all your faith-filled prayers. For your endless love and support. So many little things that have been said and done, each mean so much to us. But there are no words to tell you how your prayers continue to support and save us all! 

Prayer...
Conversations with Deity...
Faith that those pleas are heard...
Pure knowledge that Heaven is listening, and responds....

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment