Friday, April 20, 2018

Today?...Please let it be today....

After a great night's sleep, I came awake as the sky was still a little dark outside. A ripple of excitement ran through my body. I smiled in the anticipation, and hope, that today would be the day. My body seemed to hum with hope and...perhaps jump for joy might be overstating it a little...let's just say I was definitely moving with a melody of Motherhood singing in my heart.
I dropped to my knees to begin my expression of faith and gratitude to my Heavenly Father and my elder Brother Jesus Christ. Tears of profound gratitude joined my simple, child-like expressions of a million things to thank them for. Breathing, Bryce breathing. Living, Bryce living. Smiling, Bryce smiling. And hope for a yearning but heavy heart.

Was there truly anything more wonderful than the joy of being alive in this beautiful world He has created for me. Spring flowers. I love all flowers, but there seems to be something truly remarkable about spring flowers. Perhaps it is due in part to growing up in Australia. When I moved here in my youth, I felt incredibly displaced and homesick. I was desperate for something familiar. I found my love of flowers still intact after being up-rooted and re-planted. Maybe I could relate in part. I watched the miracle of bulbs surviving under freezing snow, bursting forth to herald the spring. Tall, strong, beautiful, fulfilling the measure of their creation, being a vibrant happy splash of color amid the snows of winter, blooming where they were planted....these heroes of mine gave me courage to do the same. Have faith in the Master Gardeners hand, rise above the cold challenges of life, bloom where I was planted. Every year they inspire me. They are faithfully proving themselves yet again. They can become what God wanted them to be, so too can I!

As I sat down to blog last night, in the last rays of light of the day I looked outside. I have the perfect glimpse of wonder. In the tiny space between my monitor and the wall, the window  makes an almost perfect frame- of one little patch of my spring flower garden. My breath caught as an absolute riot of colors filled my vision. Purple grape Hyacinths scattered in random abandon, pinks, purples and yellows of ready-to-burst tulips, reaching for the sunshine, standing tall and defying any hint of the cold winter now passed. Bright green of new growth filling in the spaces, promising more vibrant color to come. It was breathtakingly beautiful (I love those words). And then my eyes traveled up over the stately pines behind (the grand kids call it the magic forest back there) and allowing my gaze to wander further, my eyes tracked up all 10,000 feet of the majestic Mount Timpanogos, still bathed in the brilliant white of the last snowfall...to finally the fading brilliant blue sky of our Utah spring. Magnificence personified! God is good!

Well I sat down to capture just a couple of thoughts, you know those early morning explosions of brilliance that often, for me, disappear with the receding darkness that slowly unfolds into day, and I get caught up in the business of my life. Yeah...just jot down a few thoughts I said...just to capture them for my later blog I said....well yes now you know! This is what happens in my head quite often. So I'll be back later....because good heavens we all know I'll have more to share. 

But for now I cling to hope, growing, as the light begins to fill the sky.
Today? Please let it be today.... I love my son Bryce.


No comments:

Post a Comment